Monday, August 1, 2011

The pot calling the kettle Mac

So I'm sitting in the living room with my hubby watching a documentary about Mac people and their devotion to the brand.  I was privately cringing at the way they talked about their love for all things Apple (including Steve Jobs) and their borderline cult characteristics.  I asked my husband (who is a Mac user) if he thought they went a little too far, and he said no. Okay.
While watching the documentary I was also surfing the internet on my non-Mac laptop.  Checking out the comments and pictures from Sock Summit, I came across the video for the flash mob at the event.  It was clear that I had no room to talk, and I shut my mouth.  Hundreds of knitters holding skeins of yarn in a water-ballet type of dance in a public square with "Time of My Life" playing over the loud speaker.  Obsessed is obsessed, no matter what you're talking about.  Sorry dear!

Since the toe of the Christmas stocking is not yet sewn up, I can only say that I've been busy.  Poor excuse, but it's mine and I'm stickin' to it!   I was given a bunch of cucumbers and decided to try my hand at pickle relish.  I don't quite have the hang of the food processor yet, so all the little cubes are more like little Jenga pieces.  The blade slices the cucumber then makes strips, I'm supposing for french fries, but these would be awfully small french fries.  Anyway, the tomatoes were a lot easier to can.  You just dip them in boiling water, then ice water, slip off the peel and drop in the jars.  The pickle relish took me about three days, which says how not-Martha Stewart I am!  But its done, and I can take that one off my bucket list.  (Okay, it wasn't on the list originally, but I just wrote it on the list in my imagination, and crossed it off.)



 This has been so much fun, and I'm so glad to be able to take advantage of the veggies from friends who know what they're doing.