| TOE UP SOCK (as opposed to cuff down) |
That's not near enough incentive for me to learn a new technique. Plus, doing a toe up sock would require that I do a short row heel. I don't usually do the heels 'short row style' (that sounds weird) because I'm too lazy to count back and forth so I just go with the afterthought heel as the name implies; so I can think about it later. :-) But to eliminate the Kitchener stitch toe is beyond enticing. Practically seductive. Can't you just see a little sock puppet winking at you?
I tried the technique out tonight with some light pink bulky yarn on size 8 bamboo needles. I used the figure 8 method, if you're curious!
So I'm learning something new. I'm always game to learn something new if it's beneficial in some way. If it helps my brain clear out cobwebs or if it has some purpose. I hear that some of the smartest people in the world do crossword puzzles to exercise their brain. And the really bold and smart guys do the puzzle in pen. That's gutsy! Trying my hand at toe up socks may not be gutsy, but at least I've made the effort! (Patting myself on the back.)
| Cuff Down Stocking |