Saturday, August 6, 2011

These are the good ole days

Earlier today my father in law told us the story about his girlfriend in the 1940's named Boots and another friend, House.  Tom had been somewhere hanging out with the other two and as he went to kiss Boots goodnight, his mother and brother drove by and shined the car lights on the smooch.  Tom's brother convinced him later that he'd embarrassed their dear mother~!  (What a rat.)
My husband and I were looking at each other during the story and realized it'd never been told before.  Those were the good ole days, we thought.  But I had a little check in my brain that said wait a minute.  These are the good old days.  Life is what you make it.  We can't just wait around for good things to happen, we have to get busy enjoying the small things while working through the big things.   Enjoy life with the people you love, and take advantage of every single minute, every breath.  Then someday when you're 85 you'll have some funny stories to tell!

This morning, since I was off work today and its been weeks since I went to the garage to mess with my drum carder, I fiddled around with some of the wool I dyed at the last spinning get together.  I spun some purple/yellow Mohair and will try plying it with some gray Romney wool.  Pictures soon!

And I finally, finally got around to closing the toe on the stocking and picking up the heel stitches.



It's been about two months since I got the inspiration for this hot little project, and at least a full month spent knitting.  I pray that I'll finish it tonight so that tomorrow I can start something else.  I know you're eating popcorn every time you read this blog, wondering what the outcome will be.  Like a great mystery movie,  the suspense is building.  Well, now you can switch to the Skittles, because we've finally reached the montage scene in the movie where the characters dance and smile and laugh while cool music plays in the background.  It's a great way to move things along so you can get to the good part.  And here it is.  All but the heel; feast your eyes!

It feels good to see the light at the end of the tunnel (no train in sight).  Closure is always good, cause it means something new is just around the corner.