Monday, August 29, 2011

Qui tacet consentire

This Latin quote sums up a worthy principle for our society to take note of - to be aware of a problem and do nothing about it is to give consent to it.  It is often applied to political issues, but I think the application is broad. 

To apply this to knitting is my forte.  I love to knit.  I am so not into this stocking anymore.

I've added the afterthought heel thread and am a little less than two inches of pattern (graph) from the end of the pattern.

I know its a lovely pattern, and I know its gonna be worth the tedious hours of pattern reading, but I'm as impatient as it gets when it comes to finishing a project.  The only solution to this problem is to set goals and my goal is to complete at least one inch tonight and one inch tomorrow night of the pattern.  Then I'll switch to solid blue, and complete the toe, then do the heel.  I envision the whole thing being done by the weekend.

And I have a lot to look forward to this weekend!  I am going to see my parents, and I haven't seen them in over six months.  A lot has happened in the last six months and I feel like a teenager coming back from camp.  Sometimes you just need to see their faces and give them a big hug! 
I left my job last week (I'd been there a year) and have rearranged my life and schedule for the better.  We can't control people's actions and reactions, but we can control ours.  Just ask Viktor Frankl

As the gardening season comes to a close, there's a bee in my bonnet, so to speak that I have to let out.  I have two spinning wheels and I only use one.  My plan is to sell the old one

and buy this!
Ooooh I am really wanting this greenhouse.

Sometime before the snowy weather arrives would be good.  I think the temps today will be in the 90's so I've got time.