Monday, November 14, 2011

Pinterest, Twitter and oh yeah, Facebook

We all have favorite TV channels, places to eat, and websites we go to when we open our computer.  I like the news I suppose, since my home page on the computer is a news site.  But its never long before I check the weather (my cell phone homepage) and then some social networking sites.  Recently I've pretty much left Facebook and stayed mostly with Twitter and Pinterest.  Pinterest is mostly for girls, judging by the photos posted of guys.  But I really like the feeling I get after looking at photos of beautifully prepared food and neat, orderly living rooms and back gardens.  Seeing things that make you feel good should be a medical prescription.  I heard once that listening to music you like  is good for your brain and body, and that's been proven.  I've heard that newborns need affection and touch early on to set them on the right path as well. (I think I've even heard that babies need eye contact.)

We just got back last night from a trip to the mountains for a retreat.  I'd like to know the root of that word, because it really was a "treat" to get away for a few days.  Mostly our getaways are for seeing family or taking care of business, but I really enjoyed looking at the fall leaves while we were in Pigeon Forge. The mountains and valleys looked like calico. Even though the trees are starting to become bare, they have a Sleepy Hollow appeal and the ground covered with leaves makes everything look cool.

The teaching at the retreat, provided via Family Life, was top notch and the best I've ever seen or heard in over 25 years of marriage.  There was restoration of marriage on the brink of divorce and renewal of commitment by almost everyone there.  Fantastic in every way.  So truly, coming home I feel rested and renewed and the pictures in my mind of the leaves and my new friends are things that make me happy today.  I wish I could pin them on Pinterest!

There was no knitting done all weekend, but I'm ready to jump back in.  The closer we get to the really cold weather, the faster I'm knitting in my mind.  Lets hope my hands can keep up!