Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Take two

If you're reading this, you must be at least computer-savvy enough to know what its like to have your computer crash.  You probably also spend a little more on internet service that makes everything happen faster, cause you're probably like me.  You hate waiting forEVER for pages and programs to open.

My computer has been so slow lately that I am losing interest in even being on the internet.  My husband is a Mac guy and assures me he never has this kind of problem, but I have had both Macs and PCs and I guess I'll stick with my HP.

Now, back to the issue at hand.  I'm trying to move everything valuable off of the hard drive to start over.  Hopefully this will make everything go faster, so says my hubby. So I know my first step is to copy  everything to an external hard drive.  For some reason I thought, What the hay, I'll do my laptop, too, while we're at it!"
You can stop laughing.  I realized today after I'd finished just the big tower computer, 6 hours and 15 GB later, that doing my laptop as well was gonna take a while.  It did.

 I had to go outside and pretend to smoke a cigarette until I got my composure back when I was through.  (Okay, a cup of coffee and two cookies from the cookie jar made a good substitute.)
When I was all finished I still had to find all the installation stuff that came with the computers, which took a while as well. But I found them.  Yay!


So tonight, after a delicious homecooked meal from Taco Bell, I spent some time unwinding in front of the TV, knitting on this.
Take two - slouchy gray sock!
Voila!  I'm as far along, lengthwise with this second version of the slouchy gray sock, as I was on the other one when I stopped knitting it.  This one's going a heck of a lot faster because I eliminated the confusing honeycomb part.  Now it's just straight cables (8 stitch), with knitting and purling.

Sadly, I had to cancel our spinning meeting this coming Thursday, since everyone had a schedule conflict. I have a prayer meeting that night and  I'm going out of town the next day so it worked out well for me.   My husband and I are going on a marriage retreat!  I'm hoping to take my knitting along and get in some serious progress while I'm there.  (Hope they'll let me knit during the sessions!)