Sunday, November 27, 2011

Hard to tell

Occasionally I have a handful of needles that are different sizes and can't tell which ones are which,  particularly if they all look alike and are the same color.  See?

If they are more than a size or two apart, I can lay them all flat in a line and roll them back and forth like I'm making a play-doh snake until I can feel which ones are thicker.

Or like I did just now, I can push them together like spaghetti at one end and the other end will tell me that the longer ones are all the same size and the shorter ones are the other size. Ha Ha!  My detective skills are phenomenal, I must say!


I finished Slouch Gray Sock Number One.  Its also phenomenal.  Now to top myself with my skillful knitting ability,  lets see if I can do another one exactly the same.  I doubt it.  But here goes anyway! 
I did a few alterations; hope it won't look like a neanderthal man knitting the thing.  Fingers crossed.


Slouchy Sock One

Thanksgiving was wonderful and this year was especially nice because my daughter and daughter in law helped cook the meal.  It really freed me up to enjoy the day more.
Spice Girls!
In fact, we made a bunch of homemade pizzas on Black Friday night, since the Turkey Day cooking wasn't so bad. I went shopping Friday afternoon with the girls and avoided most of the crowds, but the boys braved the midnight sales and 5 a.m. door busters!
Southern Living Pumpkin Cheesecake!
Turkey(ham) and dressing - uh-mazing!
Getting ready for the big day!
Those that didn't cook washed dishes (what troopers!)
And Saturday, my father in law took us all to a late breakfast at Cracker Barrel down the street (we go there a lot).  So today we finally got out the leftovers for lunch after church.  Just in time to watch the football game, and boy was it a good one!

I started decorating for Christmas yesterday after everybody left, and realized I still had some more boxes to get out of the attic.  Gosh I hate going up there.....