Tonight I had the chance to just do my happy thing - knit!
| My old friend, the LL Bean Boat and Tote |
Last week I ordered and received some degummed silk cocoons from Paradise Fibers in Spokane. They can be dyed or spun. I wondered if I needed to re-wet them and stretch them into hankies, but I think I'm better off just drafting from straight from the cocoons. I love a challenge, or at least a chance to learn something new and this is one of those times! Woo Hoo!
Over the weekend we helped my son and his wife paint and move. It was so fun to see their new place as they'd left a somewhat undesirable apartment. We've all been there, all paid our dues. There's nothing worse than living in a crummy apartment, and nothing better than a new place to call home!
Over the weekend we also picked up a chest of drawers for my father in law and I spent Monday putting it together. When we bought it, my husband and I together could not lift the box and DH is twice my size. For a small piece of furniture from Target, it was awfully substantial!! I'm guessing it weighed about 1 1/2 to 2 tons. Maybe more, I'm not good at guessing weights.
![]() |
| safety additions |
![]() |
| lethal furniture and unsuspecting t-shirt on top |
About two thirds of the way through the project, my husband rescued me with the power drill and the strength of an ox. I was "give out"! He finished putting it together and we carried it into the bedroom, safe and sound.
Last night we had dinner with friends and I took a photo to post on Instagram of my friend's tea pot collection. The letter "P" doesn't always work on my cell phone so my caption originally read, "A small part of my friend Debra's teat collection." Auto correct once again doesn't save the day!
Today I worked on cleaning the garage, sweeping and de-cluttering until I had moved all the Christmas decorations to the side wall and purged a good deal of junk. Hallelujah! That feels so much better!
So now you know why sitting down on the couch tonight with my knitting bag was such a treat. That's TREAT I said!




