Lately it seems there has been a firestorm about the topic of women, working outside the home, inside the home or both. I'm sure you have an opinion, but that's not what I want to talk about right now, so just hold that thought.
What I want to talk about is the amazing speed at which I can knit baby things!! I wasn't knitting when I had my kids, and over the years I have made a few things here or there, but lately, I am finding all sorts of things to knit for wee little ones! And they all go so fast. So much faster than socks or shawls.
Look at what I made in an afternoon! I hate to think what this would have cost at Baby Gap. Its made of silk, handspun and handknitted on size 15 needles at 2 stitches per inch. That's some honking big stitches compared to the little booties on size 2 needles!! Can I get an Amen?
I woke up super early today, as I always do, and I decided to do some spinning. I have this leftover cedar colored wool that I'm spinning super fine on my Kromski.
When I don't know what else to work on, I find spinning to be one of the most relaxing and meditative activities around.
Another thing I love is going outside and yesterday I spent half the day at a local botanical garden, walking the trails and enjoying the early spring blooms. There are all sorts of man made sculptures and art pieces, but nothing improves on nature if you ask me. I have to share a few pics!
This is so therapeutic for me, especially when I have a lot on my mind. Thoughts run together sometimes and I have a hard time sorting out the difference between
a) my hormones,
b) life in general, and
c) other people's problems.
They all look like like a mess at first, until I have time to clear my head and think straight. Peace and quiet help me put things in their proper category, so that I can label the stuff and not touch it if its not mine.
*Other people's problems are none of my business, so I'm best just to leave well enough alone.
*Hormones can be adjusted with chocolate and caffeine, so that's easy.
*And then there's life in general. Things I want to do something about, but have no real means to change the situation.
At those times I pray and wait. Yesterday was one of those days when I had to let the quiet seep in and do its work. By the end of the day, nothing seemed as bad as it did in the morning.





