Monday, April 2, 2012
Great Expectations!!!!!
Okay, I can finally say it, on national TV, or at least on my blog. My son and his wife are gonna have a baby!!
Wow! I have waited to post this, waited to start any knitting projects, and waited to go baby yarn shopping until now. Today it became official, i.e. the internet, that I'm gonna be a grandma, so I can now officially begin posting baby knitting!
One of my favorite books is the classic Debbie Bliss Baby Knits book and my first project will be a practice pair of the Garter Stitch shoes. I don't know the gender of the baby yet, so I'm just starting with some gray wool and a very basic bootie pattern.
But I WILL be yarn shopping very, very soon! We have had some car issues the last few days, but as soon as we are back in business, I'll be at my LYS making a real yarn purchase for a real baby, that's due around the end of Sept. or the beginning of October. I think I can knock out a pair of booties by then. Whaddya think?

