It has been well worth it, and I have made lots of little things on this frame style loom. I have
- one heddle or reed,
- one shuttle,
- a small tool for picking the threads through the reed,
- and the loom itself.
I use dime-store crochet thread for the warp and whatever leftover yarn I have laying around for the weft. That's it. So I guess it makes me a weaver, sort of!
I've also been washing fleece on the sunny weather days and I'm spinning very little lately. Once the weather turns nice, I tend to stay outside a lot. Unless I'm out running errands, shopping, etc.
Which brings me to two unfortunate events that I have to share.
One happened on Monday when my husband Jamie took me to replace my cell phone battery. The phone's about 2 years old, but the girl at the counter looked at it like it was a See N Say and you'd think I had asked her to replace the string with the ring tied to it.
It was not a See & Say and it was not even a rotary dial cell phone.
Geez! Well anyway, they didn't carry the battery I needed but suggested that I go someplace that carries batteries of every shape and size. Okay, fine. So we left and went to the other store, and they didn't have my battery either but could order it from the North Pole (not really) and it said should be here by Christmas (okay that was close to the truth). Actually it will be here on Thursday afternoon.
The other unfortunate event happened right before Easter when we were at the mall in the men's cologne section at Nordstrom's. A very nice lady from the make up dept. walked over to me and suggested I try their eye cream which was great for puffiness and dark circles. Really?? You came over to me, at my age, without being asked and made that suggestion? Really? I thanked her for the sample and left.
Oh, I almost forgot one more. And this one's good! I was checking out at the grocery store the other day, when the boy behind the cash register, who was about 8 or 9 years old, hit some keys towards the end, that started the receipt rolling like a slot machine. Finally he rolled up the receipt with all the coupons generated, handed me the receipt and said thank you ma'm, have a nice day. When I got to the car I looked to see what he'd done. He'd gone back and given me the Senior discount on every item.
I really did not care to get that 10% discount, but thanks for noticing, young fella!



