Tuesday, September 22, 2009

All about Eve

Eve has nothing on me. That’s my conclusion. I am aware that we all face some sort of temptation every single day, and often, all through the day. When I am in traffic, I want to speed. When there’s pie in the fridge, I want to eat it. I am constantly passing and failing where my weaknesses are concerned, and to think that Eve had a fruit tree in the yard, day after day, looking at her, tempting her and she finally gave in and took a bite just seems like such a small thing. Yet the consequences are enormous, even to this day. Tonight I'm tempted to not knit, because I've completed all the panels of my son's blanket. They need to be blocked and sewn together. (see post below) I'm also tempted not to exercise tonight. I usually get on the treadmill 4 or 5 times a week, but tonight will not be one of those times. Instead I'll probably watch a couple of TiVo'd episodes of Castle and eat a bowl of cereal.



I feel the need to post a few pictures of things I've seen lately so here goes.

These girls are my friend's daughters - adorable and precious little children of God.

My family eating Sunday dinner with a guest, my son's new girlfriend. Lovely. And later, a lightning bolt struck the tree across the street; top to bottom and the picture shows the smoke coming from the roots below the ground. Next door neighbor saw it and said the whole tree glowed! (don't ask me why this font is different - I can't fix it)


And finally the construction of our church's new building - this is the preschool space where I'll be.