I finally ordered $50 worth of silk hankies. What's funny about this is that the other day I was sitting on the porch and saw these funny droppings all over the patio. Later I looked up to see a HUGE caterpillar eating all the leaves off my river birch tree.
About a day later I bought the new Wild Fibers magazine and read an article all about silk worm caterpillars and their droppings, as they are getting ready to produce the silk cocoon.
The caterpillar was about the color of this green yarn. I call it "Almost Mountain Dew". My husband loves it and wants a scarf made out of it. I love to hear those words, "Can you make me a scarf?"
And here are a couple of batches of the yarn I've been dyeing. Royal blue (or my name, Sapphire.)
And Cabernet. (how about Chianti?)
So the week or so since my last post have been really stressful at work, yet I am feeling much better tonight. I've been at church all day, and that in itself is good for getting my mind off my troubles.
I've also done a "mess" of cooking lately and had some good quality time gardening. I've dug a new flower bed, and I can't wait to get it ready for plants.