I have been introduced to the term Venti Quad of late; it means 4 shots of espresso added to a drink, in a Venti size cup (which means large). A work acquaintance of mine gets a Venti Quad Mocha each day before work. She’s smaller than me and I’m a size 6, so I can’t imagine where all the caffeine goes. I figure she just doesn’t eat the rest of the day. Caffeine subdues your appetite.
I learned about that one summer when I was a teenager. My girlfriend who lived down the beach from me told me that she would drink coffee until she was sick and then had no appetite the rest of the day. I tried it and it worked pretty well for me, but most of the time I wanted something sweet to go with the coffee. Still do.
OK, I have completed the five panels for the blanket I’m making for my son. They are all garter stitch and have approx. 30 stitches per panel. I have used a variety of wools for this project and have been working on it for over a year. The yarns are similar in color and all have about 3 plies. Since the beginning of the project, my inspiration was the Moderne Baby Blanket (Knit Picks and Mason Dixon versions).
This simple blanket has just taken forever and I don’t know why. Maybe I just needed a deadline, ‘cause now it’s done!
Here is the mattress stitch join. You can see the bumps on the edges that I catch with the thread.
I decided not to make a border for each panel, although it would have made the joining look better. It just seemed like it would bog things down.
I have blocked the pieces and tried my best to make them fit together, but I am human and imperfection is inevitable.