Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Hold the pickles, hold the lettuce

Thanksgiving is just days away and I am grudgingly putting aside all my inclinations to cook a healthy meal. Orders are to fix anything and everything that is starchy and sugary or has added butter or bacon grease. I can't tell you how hard that is for me. Lord help me remember the reason for the holiday!
This evening I got in a few more rows on the little blue hat. I've inserted this lace row to add interest, but there are no competing colors - just navy blue.
(the color is hideous, but you get the idea)

I had a lengthy conversation with my sister tonight. I haven't seen her in years but my plan is to go see my parents the weekend before Christmas for their 50th anniversary and get in some good 'visit' time with the rest of the family.
For the drive down, I just may be absorbed in this - my Christmas present that came early.
I'm so excited that I'll get to take it on my trip. We had some plans this year to do some improvements to our house, but my daughter met the man of her dreams and got married this past July, so many things were put on hold. Now we're starting to get some breathing room again this was my Christmas wish! I've been lusting after a Kindle for about a year now. I can't believe I've finally got it. Some things are just sooooo worth the wait!!!