
Today was our spinning group meeting (formally its the Harpeth Spinsters, I think) and we met at Susie's house, and she served a great little pumpkin coffee cake desert, and the weather was beautiful, and Peggy came (she's been out of commission for a while) and we spun a lot and knitted a lot and talked a whole bunch andtook pictures and.
I know there's more but I had such a good time. Why stop for punctuation and grammar? 

Truly the weather is just about perfect today. I came from the meeting with some great roving from a sheep named Alice (I can hear my boss cracking a joke about the movie with Bob & Carol,Ted & Alice). I got my money for the yarn I sold when Carolyn took it to the folk festival.

I brought my sweater pattern to get some help. It's come to a halt by the way, due to technical difficulties. Sally gave me some good advice about knitting the V-neck of a sweater. Everyone else concurred and I'll be doing some frogging this weekend (rip it, rip it).





And just because I had to take a picture of something outside, this is my hydrangea bush after the cold weather has gotten to it. Isn't it still beautiful?

Now I have to mention
something that encouraged me recently. I heard that Carly Fiorina will be running for senate. I am a believer in women doing what they can to better the world, be it in a 'man's' environment or not. She was in the corporate world for a while and now she's dipping her toe into politics. Smart lady, and her book is worth the read.