Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Felonies and Misdemeanors


Every day I do good things and bad things. I like to downplay the bad things, like getting a Mocha two days in a row or speeding (ten mph above the limit). I guess you could call these misdemeanors. The felonies are things God knows about, and probably my husband, since he's around me a lot. I don't want to talk about the felonies because I'm not proud, but they would mostly have to do with things I say, in particular about other people.
"Are they blind?"
" Can't they see......?"
I find myself rehearsing the flaws of others and wishing there was some accountability in the world. And I'm sure there is, but sometimes it just doesn't seem like it, so I figure if I say it out loud enough, somebody will hear. Wishful thinking.
So goes my felony convictions. They are many.

Now for the good things I do. Although I did not walk any old ladies across the street today, I did finish the DYFLWD socks. At least up to the toe closing which will involve the dreaded Kitchener stitch. Ugh.

I think they turned out right cute, to quote Gomer Pyle. I will close the toes in a few days.

And then I will pick out some yarn to start my Mom's Christmas scarf. That's what she wants and that's what she'll get. It won't look like a Where's Waldo scarf, but it will have some hint of color change, be it ever so subtle. Since she lives at the beach, it will most likely be worn around late January on the outside of her winter coat, on a day that the temps get down to 40 degrees. It feels like cold weather is a long, long ways away. I think the temps here in Tennessee are still in the mid nineties this week. I guess it will make the fall all the more special!