Yes, today the air feels much more like fall. The colors of the leaves have started to change weeks ago, and many of our trees already have a little dusting of leaves on the ground below.
So today it just felt right to go outside this morning and it not feel hot and desert like. It was 'comfortable'! Woo hoo for the little things!
As I looked at the little tree above it totally confirmed the colors I had picked this morning for my mom's scarf.
The orange would be a nice complement, but it would greatly diminish the scarf's ability to go with lots of outfits. Since I had dyed the coral wool a few weeks ago, it actually looked cute with the tan and green and yellow. Very fall. But I'm sticking with the subtle colors I've got. There should be plenty left over and they might make a great pair of argyle socks. Who knows?
My kids and their spouses spent the night last night and it felt like Christmas around here. It was downright rowdy in the kitchen with all of us talking at once as each pair arrived with their bags in hand. Snacks on the bar, dinner ready for the grill, we thoroughly had a fun evening. Somehow, no matter how bad your week may have been, seeing the faces of people you love, and hearing their voices can take away a world of pain.