The dye-job I did last week with the white wool (peacock and coral) seemed like a great opportunity to try this technique out.
Don't these clouds look like my batches of wool? I love the little bird in the bottom of this photo. I took this last night before a storm blew through. It was actually not much of a storm after all.
This week has been like that every day. Even emotionally, every day my husband and I prepared for storms when we went out for the day, and each day came home relieved that there was less drama than we anticipated. But it makes for a tense way to live.
One drama that did come about was on Thursday. I was babysitting and looked out the back window of the house where I was, and noticed that one of the bushes was on fire. Or at least smoking in several places. At first I thought someone had thrown a cigarette in the grass, but there's no way anyone could have gotten back there. The burning spot was near a large waterfall water feature. It had to be the motor burning up, I thought.
I poured several pitchers of water on the smoldering bush and by the time mommy got home, things were under control.
The lady of the house spoke with her husband later, who was out of town and I felt really bad for her. She's pregnant and already a little emotional. They're preparing to move to their other home for several months where her husband works, so she's got a lot on her mind. And he was very busy Thursday night so it felt like a lot of drama. I was glad to get home that night, and like the storm that never really surfaced yesterday, things turned out okay after all.