Sunday, September 19, 2010

Laguna Beach

I finished the first skein of the gradient blue yarns. The color was all blue with no white.
Then I carded second batch (3:1) in a loosely blended way. I wanted to the color to bleed into the neighboring colors.
The spinning gave it a beautiful beach-y look and totally reminded me of some yarn I bought in Laguna Beach years ago. I could only afford one skein so I made an iPod cover and this little sweater for my Smitty.

Every day lately is getting prettier and prettier. I would love to be at Laguna Beach today but that will have to wait. I got away for a day or so,this weekend with my hubby. We were able to see Mindy Smith at a club in a nearby town. She's a singer who is mostly know for her remake of the Dolly Parton song Jolene. Mindy's a mighty good singer and very witty on stage. I was impressed.
Anyway, I'm off to fix some lunch and head out to a meeting later this afternoon. Long day tomorrow so I'm enjoying this one before it gets away!