Sunday, December 26, 2010

Merry Christmas!

 I love the holidays when everything falls into place, even if it takes a bit of finagling to get it there.  All good things in life require a little extra effort, don't you think?  Some things are just worth the effort, and them some, I'll say. This year has required a good bit of effort to pull off a decent holiday, but it paid off.  I was able to see my parents & brother down in Mobile; my brother in law and his family came to see us.  My daughter and her husband came to see us twice and my son and his wife drove to NC to bring back my father in law for the week of Christmas.  My husband and I will be taking him to Birmingham tomorrow then my brother in law will take "Papa" back to NC on Tuesday.  Everybody had to carry a little weight while still maintaining their respective jobs, budgets, and commitments to their local charitable organizations.  Our schedules have been brutal of late, but like I said, some things are just worth the effort.  Family is important and worth working at maintaining.

Well, like a little kid on Christmas morning, I get to say, "Guess what I got!"  My DS and DDiL gave me a digital picture frame so that I can scan all my odd framed photos and keep them in one place.  (I asked for this gift excessively!)  And my DD and DSiL gave me a three month subscription to the Yarn of the Month Club.  This is like crack for knitters.  Crack delivered to your door in a variety pack like those General Mills mini-boxes of cereal we all wanted as kids.

YOTM is not a new idea.  There are lots of clubs like sock of the month and fiber of the month clubs.  (I've heard Martha Stewart has a shoe of the month club!)  I am excited because the YOTM club will be sending me not one skein but 4 samples of yarn each month, a new pattern each month as well.  Ho Ho!

The big gift that my husband will be getting me is a large order of wool processing to Ohio Valley.  I have several fleeces but I'm not spinning much lately 'cause they're not carded.  I have limited spare time and I really don't want to be spending that time carding.  I hope to make some cool things this year with all that carded wool I'm about to get.

I'm working on my New Year's resolution list.  I've been mulling it over for a while now.  I have several things in mind and I'm getting better and better at this each year.  I've kept several from last year and probably will not 'renew' the ones I didn't keep.  Life is always different from year to year so that makes my resolutions list need to change as well.  The first one my hubby and I discussed last night.  I Love to go to the movies but we never do it.  I told him last night at the theater how happy I was to be there and he said we should do it more often.  So I'm hoping to spend our 'date night' at the theater at least once or twice a month in the coming year, depending on whether or not there are any good movies to see at any given time.  Maybe Thursday nights since he's usually off Thursday nights.  I'll reveal the rest of my resolution list in my next post.  We are taking a little trip this week in honor of our 25th anniversary and I'm sure I'll be inspired when I get back!