Today is the first time I've been sick since going to Guatemala last spring. The way I know I'm sick is by the fact that I don't want coffee. I have had some juice and saltines and did my best with a bowl of grits this morning, but the thought of anything else is gag-worthy. I know why I'm sick.
My immune system is shot; I've been going full speed ahead for a while now and my little 5'2" body said, 'enough!'. So I'm sitting here in bed with my laptop wishing I had a coffee because I'm craving it, but the smell is awful; maybe later I think. I hope. (Check this out to make you feel better!)
I went to see my folks and my brother and his family earlier this week. It was so good to see everybody and the time was just too, too short.
My nephew is taller than his mom, but is only eleven years old. And my niece is quite the little lady bug, letting me know, FYI that George Washington is dead and he died when her brother was born! Good to know. LOL!
I brought back this lovely plant, a gift from my mom. We put up their Christmas tree, had a fun dinner with the kiddos, who decorated the tree and caught up on the latest.
On Wednesday I went with my boss and another lady to Paris Landing in Buchanan, TN where we saw this nifty Santa RV. We worked all day at a private home belonging to a couple who live in Florida; a beautiful home with a gorgeous view of the lake. It was a long day, and I had to go right back to work yesterday, which explains why I succumbed to the bug.
I hope to be back on my feet soon, since my husband's brother and his family are coming tonight for a quick visit. The house is ready (I was cleaning my own house last night at 11 o'clock last night!) but I need to do some last minute things before they arrive. Tomorrow we celebrate my son in law's 25th birthday with the family; 12-14 people for lunch at his favorite restaurant! Woo Hoo! And congrats to him for making 108 on his MPRE!
So you can guess that I've hardly knit a stitch in a week. Last night I watched a tv show and got in a few rows. Enough to make me wish and dream that I could knit all day, everyday. But I did do some spinning the other day (a week ago?) and made some samples of fleeces I've dyed this year.
Merry Christmas (its only two weeks away)!!

