Saturday, December 18, 2010

When you're hot, you're hot!


I crossed a threshold the other night, and felt an awful lot of pride when I did it.  I finished the second Pebble Beach sock and picked up the circular scarf.

Yes, folks, I'm in the home stretch.  And to boost my pride even more, I'm tying on the second skein of yarn for the scarf, which wins me double imaginary points in my little brain!!!   Yahoo!


(photo above of the classic plastic-umbrella swift and plastic skein-winder - so low tech!)

The president called me the other day, to ask me how I can accomplish so much and I just shrugged my shoulders and smiled.  "It's a gift," I told him. 

If ever life was spinning by uncontrollably, it's now.  I am usually a very organized, together kind of person, but with the change of everything to digital, I'm finding it harder and harder to keep up with things.  Life doesn't slow down just because you can't keep up, and I am having to dig deeper in my bag of tricks to find ways to manage.
I used to keep a small 'day-timer' with me at all times -it had notes, phone numbers, addresses, dates, passwords, directions etc. in it.  If I needed something, it was there, all things in one place.  But now our music, books, phone numbers (contacts),  and everything else is digital and stored in another world altogether, so I'm working on learning a new program called OneNote to help me keep track of all that kind of stuff.  ( I still have a little paper calendar, which I don't think will ever be totally replaced, but don't tell anyone.  That's our secret~!)

I'm syncing the program with its twin on my new laptop, a Christmas present gotten early, in order to gain some momentum with our taxes.  I really hope this will solve all my problems.  If not, I'm just gonna have to get out the old yellow pad and pencil!