Do you remember way back when, in the olden days, before Christmas when I started these fingerless mitts?
Well, since I've really truly completed the infinity scarf for my daughter, and closed the toe on the second Pebble Beach sock, there was only one thing left to do - grab the UFO basket and get busy!
This yarn may be acrylic, but it is super soft and cushy and springy; so much so that I found myself holding the mitt in my hand every time I evaluated the progress.
I knitted over twenty rows tonight while watching a documentary about the Kindertransport. It was very good to watch but out of nowhere, at the very end, a quote by a survivor made me break down and cry. He said he knew he survived because there was a purpose for his life.
I guess I'll just have to name these mitts the Kinder-Mitts. I'm sure it's a perfect name.
The holiday season is almost over, as New Year's Eve is tomorrow night. That means it's time for my resolutions list to be finalized. I have a few that I'll go ahead and mention. One I mentioned before, is that I'd like to go to more 'real' movies in the future. Another is the subject of my photography. I think I'll be focusing on trees this year. Two years ago were sunsets and last year was clouds. This year's topic should be a breeze.
I have begun to receive those glorious and welcome seed catalogs, and they are beautiful.
Cooks Garden has the lettuce I'm looking for, and Burpee has lots of good veggies. I feel so wanted when they all send me their catalogs at once!!!!