I've read that knitting is very therapeutic and calming and I would have to agree. Knitting is like yoga - rhythmic and steady and just the thing for frazzled nerves. Today was a frazzled kind of day. I was up at 4:15 a.m. and came home from work at 4:15 p.m. Didn't take a break all day, but ate on the go. It was a long day but in a good way. So tonight, bachelorette night for me, I did what I wanted to do. Put on sweats, warmed up some leftovers, grabbed my knitting bag and the TV remote and watched my recorded programs.
The beauty of knitting is that there is no danger of losing that big account if I make a mistake. No risk of the IRS red flagging suspicious activity or of me missing a deadline that could cost me my job. (Except for maybe a self-imposed knitting deadline which is not dangerous or risky at all!) See how beautiful it is? Therapy and spa treatment in a cute little bag!
I found myself at a loss today, trying to remember names. If I don't have an opportunity to write a name myself, I tend to forget it. If I write or type it, that helps much more than just seeing it or hearing it.
All my co-workers' names seem to rhyme. All the volunteers I work with are different from year to year and even from month to month. My friends and family are always getting married, having kids and grandkids, and some even get re-married! Then there are my husband's friends, co-workers and my kids friends, co-workers, etc. All this now sounds like a feeble attempt to excuse my lame memory. Please forgive me, what was your name?
