It's not hard to make progress on a little bitty sweater. I love it!
I am knitting on the back, having already completed the arms of the little hoodie. It's so cute.
It's light weight and portable - perfect for travel.
I unexpectedly got the day off today which worked out well. Heading out of town for the weekend, I was glad to have a day to do some things around the house and yard without being too 'under the gun'.
Since its so terribly lovely, I thought I'd grab the hedge trimmer and clean up the bushes in the back yard. The pampas grass, maiden and zebra grasses all needed a hair cut and so did the forsythia. I got a hair cut the other day, so why shouldn't they, right? Out to the garage to find the extension cord and trimmer. So far so good. Unwind the cord, all the way, as I hear my mom say in my subconscious, "Do it right, Brenda". Now to make the little loop on the end of the handle so the cord doesn't come out while trimming. But where's the plug-in part?? Only little tracks. Then it hits me this is a re-chargeable trimmer that I had not used. Looking for the charger, all I find is the battery pack for the electric drill, and lots of dust bunnies that I remind myself to vacuum later. Finally I find it. The battery pack for the trimmer.
And in much less time than it took me to get it all set up, I've got all the stuff trimmed in the back yard; I'm now a fan of cordless hedge trimmers! No callouses or blisters from those over sized scissors (loppers), and no nicked orange electric extension cords.
Progress is good! And I got some sun on my legs and shoulders. I've got a month to get a tan before my son and son-in-law's graduations. Hadn't even thought about a new dress till yesterday, and hubby said I should get two; one for each ceremony. Special occasions are worth celebrating! Woo hoo! And I'm so proud of my kids. My son came by yesterday afternoon to work with his dad and we all took a moment to go to Sonic for a chili dog. It was a perfect afternoon outside and I treasured those precious moments with my son. He is all grown up, married and out of the house, so these times are few and far between. There's not a sweeter, kinder boy that God could have given me for a son back in 1987. He is leap years beyond his age in character and integrity. He is loving and thoughtful, not to mention talented and smart! He chose well when picking a wife and they are perfect for each other. (She's just like him!) Like the Bible says, children are a blessing!