Saturday, April 2, 2011

Coco Bear

 Nice needles plus nice yarn plus nice pattern equals nice knitting.   NN + NY + NP = NK
Sounds like an algebra formula but it's true here as well.  With all the right ingredients, you can almost guarantee a good time.  One bad ingredient can make for a less pleasant experience.  Two bad ingredients, well, you get the idea.

I like the whole package with this little hoodie sweater that I'm going to call Coco Bear.  I just think the color reminds me of Coco Puffs, and the sweater looks like a teddy bear sweater pattern.  Easy. The pattern is published by Bernat and is from a flyer in the store, so it's tried and true.  Also, it's on Ravelry and I don't see any major errata.  The needles are the new Harmony needles from Knit Picks.  So far, everything's good.

 I finished a heel finally on one Uncle Albert sock, and it turned out pretty thick.

That may not be all bad, given the wear and tear on socks in general.  My socks tend to give out in the toe before the heel, but whatever.  It is what it is.  The socks are slowly but surely getting knitted, and I'm about to lose interest - they may soon end up in the WIP pile till next fall!
I don't ever want to take for granted all the good things in my life, but there's a time for everything.  Some things really work well given certain circumstances and seasons, but sometimes the season's change and it's time to move on to something different.
                                           (Time for a new To-Go coffee mug!)

I've begun to do more and more carding and spinning, now that the garage and back porch are suitable weather-wise.  I really am enjoying my drum carder and all the wool I have collected.  Making good use of them is truly fun.  Mixing colors and fibers has turned into more of a creative process than I'd expected!  Who knew?