Some people are born with class, others learn it, and still others earn it. I have met an older woman this year who is very classy, and you might miss this if you met her at the grocery store. She is genteel, kind and soft spoken. Her personal tragedies have led her to re-evaluate what's important in life. Though her home has bookcases lined with books like Euripides and Walden, her home is also filled with a sweet fragrance. Love, kindness and respect. She leads a low-key life (keepin' it on the DL!) but has taken great pains to ensure that all of her family feels loved. Its amazing how loudly some people's quiet works speak to us. And it's important that we remember those who are the loudest are not always the most worthy of our attention. Sometimes we overlook those who are moving mountains one shovelful at a time!
Now for some fiber, after I've waxed philosophical. My lovely spinning wheel has been under the influence lately. I am sure that I have raved about yarns and wool before, but the key to all good spinning is keeping your wheel oiled.
Every time I change out a bobbin, I am making sure I put a few drops of oil on the shaft of the flyer; and it really makes all the difference.
Every spinning wheel deserves a little oil and a good wheel is made all the better with some TLC. I now keep a bottle of oil on the table next to my spinning wheel chair so that I never, ever forget.
Here's my new sock form modeling the first of the Uncle Albert socks. The form looks so big without anything on it - much better wearing a soft wool sock!
I'm a bit under the weather this evening. I think I caught a bug from work. A few folks I know went to Las Vegas last week and came back sick; apparently not everything stays in Vegas! Last night I felt funny, but got through the day okay. My friend at work today said she felt yukky and I think even my husband has caught it. Vague nausea, chills and sore joints. Maybe I need to go find the spinning wheel oil. Or maybe I'm just not looking forward to my annual doctor's appt. tomorrow. Oh me.