What a beautiful day! Sunshine, breeze, and low humidity. Perfect weekend weather after such a long, damp winter. I saw some little vegetable plants at a fruit stand, as well as marigolds and even herbs. I am sooo excited about starting my garden. I saw an episode of a reality show where a couple of fellows bought a place in upstate NY and began to be gentlemen farmers. You can tell, it takes some skill and strength to run a farm. I personally have always dreamed of a life like that, but many friends have warned me that it's not as romantic as it looks. So I'll stick with a vegetable garden for now! No livestock allowed in my subdivision. LOL!
The little Coco Bear sweater is such a sweet thing to knit. It's small and very easy knitting. Stockinette with a few shaping details.
I've seen some projects using this pattern on Ravelry and I think I'll do some decreases on the hood. That's probably my next segment. I cast off the back today.
I visited Yarniverse yarn shop in Memphis this morning and bought these.
I've wanted a pair of these sock forms for a while and frankly they cost more than I thought they would, but I'll only have one pair and they should last a long time! Thank goodness. I'm not gonna fool myself and imagine that I could make a pair of them myself. Let the pro's do it who have a blow torch and know how to use it. I'll stick to peeling potatoes and planting lettuce. (BTW, my lettuce is doing really well now that the sun is shining!)
(Mississippi River)
My daughter's husband is about to finish graduate school this next month. As a couple, they have sacrificed and worked hard to maintain a decent lifestyle while reaching a goal. Life takes balance and not everyone can achieve that. Lots of people get multiple degrees, some addicted to academia.
(Mud Island, Memphis, TN)
Lots of people jump into to making money hand over fist. But few people have the ability to keep normal, realistic lifestyles while achieving a worthy goal. I am so proud of these kids for keeping their sense of humor and perspective when the pressure has been beyond reasonable. They will receive their reward soon enough and there is not a greater reward for hard work and endurance than fruit from your own labor! Congratulations to Adam C. Davis, JD and the little missus!

