It is so easy to weave on this little frame loom (rigid heddle loom) that I only lift the heddle and lower the heddle. That's all. But the finishing is the part that requires more skill and is probably why I kept putting the loom in the back-most part of the shelf in the garage.
Tying off the threads in a fancy little embroidery stitch doesn't necessarily look nicer than the square knots (overhand?) that I usually use, or the twisty technique I've used in the past. But I did it. I tied off everything last night and clipped and removed everything. There will be coasters and a potholder as well.
| front and back of potholder (my first!!) |
| navy blue coasters |
As the rains have finally ceased today, I found a lovely purple flower trying to peek into my back yard this morning. It looks like a little child being sneaky!
And with all the rain, and subsequent sun, my lettuce is off to a great start. I added a little garlic clove last week and it came right up. That was fast.
I got my results back from the doctor yesterday and they were pretty good with one minor issue. Above 'optimal' LDL cholesterol. Dangit! It's like getting your test back from the teacher with a great big A-minus at the top. I want to dismiss it and try to eat less cheese, but my husband sounds the bell of truth. Honey, just face it; join the crowd. The rest of us have to deal with all that stuff and now you do too. You haven't done anything wrong, you're just getting older. (There it is again.)