Thursday, June 9, 2011

Tipping Points

 Last night I made myself a fancy coffee that was so darn good, I had to make another one. Problem is each coffee had two shots of espresso.  That makes 4 shots of espresso before bed ! I read for a while, watched TV, browsed the internet, and thought of numerous ways to solve the crisis in the middle east.
Even after I finally fell asleep, I tossed and turned all night long.   And I paid for my mistake all day at work.  It was like a coffee hangover.  Clearly I am no party animal! 

I have a bag full of knitting needles, literally.  I have almost all  (10) sizes in three varieties. Regular straight needles,  double pointed needles and circulars.
 Non-knitters probably wonder why one would need so many needles , but for those of us that knit, it makes perfect sense.  It's like having sunglasses, reading glasses, and regular glasses. They're all good, it just depends on what you need them for!

After I spun up the self striping yarn, and started to knit the swatch, I decided on using  the new Knit Picks Harmony needles, size 6.

The self-striping yarn is a complete success by the way; this swatch has three stripes from one strand of yarn.  The weight, size and feel of the yarn is great.  Very sock worthy, and that is what most people use self-striping yarn for.  Socks! 

Currently in the news there are about 5 public figures whose careers are going down the drain because of their refusal to make a right choice and deal with something they know they should address.  They are at a tipping point in their future, and we are all rooting for them to make the right choice.  And yet they don't.  They are so convinced that they are right and everybody else is wrong.  Sadly, they become a joke on  late night television.  Playing fast and loose with people's lives. What a shame.  What a doggone shame.