Friday, June 24, 2011

Vacation Day Four


Spruce trees in Ohio are massive!

On Wednesday night I had one of my all-time favorite desserts - strawberry shortcake!  On Thursday I had dinner at an Italian restaurant.  Could the week be going any better?  Is this week going by way too fast?
Day four was spent in two tourist locations in the city of Cleveland, Ohio; the first being the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.  A true American destination.

I won't even begin to list all the things we saw, but many are true, one of a kind bits of history.  And if you like music, you will certainly find something that blows you away.. I sure did!
Janis Joplin's Porsche

Coupe used in ZZ Top video

It is true, apparently that many musicians live their lives on the edge, and some did not have such a happy ending.
Jimi Hendrix first draft of Purple Haze

But they did leave behind the music that we love to listen to; the music that makes us sing along and laugh when we can remember the words!

And the second attraction was the house used in the movie, A Christmas Story.  The interior of the house was not used in the film, but rather a set constructed in Canada, where a few other scenes were filmed.

We checked out the museum across the street from the house and found lots of things used in the movie.

I loved the knit cap that Ralphie wore during the 'lick the frozen flag pole' scene!