We had a lovely drive out of town this morning. Beautiful weather all the way, with only a slight delay hitting traffic crossing into Cincinnati. Our friends in Columbus received us with open arms and a beautiful candlelight dinner. It's been a wonderful day getting to know a couple that knew my husband for years before I ever met him, and hearing stories of their adventures all over the world.
They've met presidents, worked with celebrities and legendary performers, and taken away a boatload of wisdom from their experiences. DH is scanning photos as I type; proof that all this stuff really happened!
Tomorrow I'll get to meet another of 'the gang' and hopefully get another glimpse of the life my husband led before we met.
On the drive today, I knit like a pirate discovering buried treasure. Row after row after row of purple cables. I have hurt my shoulder and believe it or not, it hurts to knit when I'm on a cable row, just the pulling of the two twisted stitches! Is that lame or what? Okay, literally it is kind of lame. :-)

