Before I get to the knitting progress, I have to show off a little. Here is my little apple tree with lots of fruit all over it!
I'm so thankful that there is little maintenance with this thing. I have neglected my whole back yard this year and it shows. All except for the apple tree that has only required rain and sunshine. I did some pruning but today, and it looks a lot better!
The rest of the yard is full of flowers and greenery but it's like Jumanji out there - crazy vines and leaves, weeds and odd looking flowers. I asked my friend last night what this thing was that had taken over a neglected flower bed.
She said it sounded like a Passion Vine and I looked it up; she's right. Not sure what variety it is, but it had taken over the place and was very unruly. I had to dig a little to get rid of it today. The "fruit" was only seed-filled pods and the flowers only last a day or two and then they're gone. What a mess.
Okay, here is the knitting up date. Big whoop.
But it's progress, nonetheless. I charted the letters on graph paper and am adding a small cross and snowflakes.
I may add a reindeer, but that will be later. The absolutely best thing about a Christmas stocking is that there is no second-sock-syndrome. It's like a work of art that you don't have to duplicate. One is enough! Now that, I like! Why paint two Mona Lisa(s)? (Did I just compare my stocking to the Mona Lisa???)