I mentioned to my daughter that cleaning house is as good as PX90; and she laughed and said, "You mean P90X!" What would I do without people like her to set me straight on critical things like these? The difference between agave and guava. The difference between almond milk and Almond Joy. Where have I been?
One thing I am unanimous about is my one, lonely knitting project "on the needles" as we knitters say. This Christmas stocking is now sporting some great looking red berries and holly leaves and a whole row of Christmas trees! Whaddya think?
Now I need to set aside half the stitches for the afterthought heel and then do the foot. Probably a snowflake and some other holiday or religious symbol. Most of the designs in my book call for more than two colors, so I'm pretty limited unless I get out another pattern book. Maybe I should.
I have spent the better part of the last week moving everything from my office/study downstairs to my daughter's old bedroom upstairs. My father in law will be moving in with us this weekend and we have just set aside a space for him on the first floor. A cozy room with a bed, computer desk, bookshelves and a reading chair. I sure hope he likes it!
And the good thing about my office being upstairs is that I have to take the stairs every time I want to get on my computer. Who needs P90X? Watch out Jersey Shore.
After moving everything upstairs, and moving a bed and a few extra things into Papa's new room, I also had to clear out a couple of closets for his clothes and empty the space under the sink in the bathroom that he will be using. Actually it's been good for me to once again purge and 'cleanse' my cabinets and storage areas. I have such a tendency to hang on to the past. Sometimes we just need to let go of the old stuff and embrace the new. Here's to the future!