Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Its beginning to look a lot like a Christmas stocking

Listening again to a great business book by the Arbinger Institute, and knitting the first exciting rows of my very first Christmas stocking!  I bought the yarn while out of town this past weekend - four great colors.
The pattern is inspired by the how-to video from Knit Picks, although I can't find this particular pattern anywhere.  So I have improvised by starting with the basics from my new Christmas stocking  book.
Knit Picks video tutorial
Then using some motifs from a favorite book of mine, The Harmony Guide to Aran and Fair Isle Knitting.  I've implemented a simple 2x2 rib to start with, after casting on 72 for worsted weight yarn on size 6 needles.
The yarn is acrylic Red Heart soft and the colors are Wine, Dark Leaf,  Honey and Mid Blue.  I would say the blue is more like a Williamsburg Blue if you ask me. The honey is very close to Bit'O'Honey candy, if you can remember back that far!

I was able to spend some quality time with my niece and nephew and in laws this past weekend and really enjoyed our Independence Day celebration. Here we all are at a local pancake house; we always seem to have breakfast there.  Great food and great service!

I was stung by a bee while floating in the pool, and I haven't been stung by a bee since I was really young.  We all fantasize about going back in time and being youthful again, but we forget that there were as many bad days back then as we have now, we just tend to downplay them.   I'd forgotten how much bee stings hurt and how irritating they are.  God forgive me (and pardon me neighbors) for the cuss word I let out!  OUCH.