Wednesday, July 13, 2011
The Lone Ranger
This week I've been given the opportunity to flex my social muscles. DH is out of town on family matters and I am left with the car keys, so to speak. My work schedule opened up so I filled my social calendar with all kinds of girl-y things. Ladies Bible study last night, lunch with a friend the and the icing on the cake; yes, you guessed it, spinning group on Friday! We are having a dye day, where we all bring our natural wool, dyes, pots, etc and have at it for as long as we can take it. The last dye day was absolutely memorable. I am really hoping for nice weather and some super good results. Being a lone ranger for a few days doesn't have to be all bad. Here's hoping my husbands t-shirts are not all tie-dyed when he gets back!
The Christmas stocking is looking pretty good if I do say so myself. The patterns seem to look good with just two colors and I'm resisting adding a third. I think it's kind of classy and understated, don't you?
The next stocking will definitely be something with a little red and may have as many as four colors, but I don't really have a theme in mind yet.
My daughter has been helping me update my make up lately and we chose an eye shadow palette with four colors the other night. While they are all 'understated' colors, the application of those colors left a lot to be desired when I tried to do it by myself the next morning. Somewhere between raccoon and Ozzy Ozbourne I would say. Why did I ever think I could manage this kind of challenge on my own? What a disaster!
I remember the summer between 7th and 8th grade when I had a similar experience. Up till that time, my make up consisted of clear lip gloss. Then I met Rhonda from New York (whose mother was a belly dancer) who knew how to apply make up! She was my good friend and was willing to teach me the ways of the world. We put away the Bonne Bell lip smacker and got out the bright blue eye shadow, Maybelline mascara, frosty rouge and what looked like Sharpie eye liner. Boy was I a sight! I thought I looked pretty good until I went downstairs and my older brother laughed his head off.

