Thursday, December 1, 2011

Where's the inspiration?

Today I have to admit that I am feeling under the weather.  It takes a LOT for me to give in to not feeling well, but there's just no other explanation.  I have a headache, sore throat, sneezing, achy sinuses and my skin hurts.  I almost never have to blow my nose but I did just that this morning.  When I was a kid, my mom made us homemade "cold remedy" out of whiskey, honey and lemon juice.   Can somebody go to the store for me?

I've put off the rest of the decorating, at least my front porch and the stairs, until the weather turned sunny again and I had a whole day to spend on/in the house.  Well, heck, its sunny out there today and I'm home, but even the best laid plans are shot to pieces when you just don't feel good.  And if you know me very well at all, coffee is my drink of choice but its being hedged out in favor of hot tea.

Anyway, I thought I'd at least post a progress photo of the slouchy sock #2 and later talk about inspiration. This sock is going really fast so I'll probably do some good knitting today/tonight when I get the chance.


  I had really wanted to go to Threaded Bliss' knitting group tonight, but if I don't feel any better, I guess I'll be staying home.

Also, I've done some occasional spinning and finished two bobbins.  I feel sure I'll spin one more before plying. Maybe I'll call it Trinity Yarn!  (three ply, you know)

I'm obsessed lately with silk, in the form of hankies, cocoons and caps.  The wheel is occupied right now, but my next spinning project will definitely be silk!

I added some links on the upper right corner of the page to showcase the blogs I read for inspiration.  They're mostly knitters (except for three) and all have their own unique attractiveness for me.  Most everyone has heard of Yarn Harlot and Wendy Knits, but I like to check out the others when I get low on inspiration.

I have nothing really funny or interesting to say today.  The only really newsworthy thing is that my stove and microwave will be replaced on Friday.  A series of unfortunate events sent us to Home Depot this week to check out the specials.  In the interest of fire safety and the well being of my neighbor's houses on either side of us, we bought a new stove and microwave.  Merry Christmas to me! 

Oh, and we watched my new favorite Christmas movie the other night, A Christmas Carol with Jim Carrey.  It looks beyond amazing, to me.  I saw it in the theaters and my hubby bought me a copy this past week.  We watched it with his dad and he immediately said he wanted a copy too! Maybe I need to dig out some more Christmas movies to watch today.  Any suggestions?