Thursday, December 29, 2011

The End

It is officially the end of 2011, this being week 52.  It has been quite a year with lots of close calls for our family's health, ends and beginnings of many significant things and most important of all, the amount of yarn that I've spun has broken almost all land/speed records.  Woo hoo!!!

I've been working on my resolutions for the new year, or as I like to call them, pre-solutions.  Change is inevitable, and life is tweaked over and over again, whether we're caught up or not.  I am glad to say that I have no real regrets about the year, as far as what I did or did not accomplish.  I wanted to do things that just didn't happen, but not for lack of trying.  Sometimes things are out of our hands, plans get changed and situations take on new shapes, even unrecognizable ones.  It is important to be pliable, willing and upbeat as much as possible.  Occasionally we mourn the loss of loved ones, or rejoice in the joining together of lives, births and new opportunities.  There is something to be thankful for in every situation, if you look hard enough.

I for one am excited about the new year ahead, and all its potential.  My household now has another member, since my husband's father came to live with us this summer.  My children both have spouses, so many of our get-togethers are larger, louder and more lively. In fact, I have to stop for a minute and show a few more of the gifts I received for Christmas. Really thoughtful gifts, I might add.

Recipe holder made by my son, who, by the way, is the most talented drummer you've ever heard.

Lovely fragrance I happened to comment on while shopping (from my daughter the beautiful vlogstar & her husband!)

Amaryllis bulbs ready to show off! 

Sourwood honey from my honey of a daughter in law (had to say that, you know!)

And my husband and I took some gift money to buy ourselves a panini press. It totally impressed us at our Thanksgiving Eve dinner, so much so that we had to have one!

I am excited to tell you about my ideas and goals for the new year.  Next time we talk, you bring yours and we'll see if we have any in common!!