- I blocked the pillow front,
- grabbed some fabric and the pillow form,
- sewed up the sides and
- went to work sewing the knitted portion to the covered pillow.
It was helped along a great deal by a new method of time management I heard about recently. Its called Pomodoro and the idea is basically timing your tasks, a little at a time. So I downloaded a timer for my desktop and went to work, 25 minutes at a time until the thing had been completed.
I also worked in the garden, had lunch, and did some stuff in the garage, aside from daily chores. What a great idea! Don't get bogged down with a task that eats up your time. Set a goal and stick to it. Stop and change what you're doing, then come back later with fresh eyes and determination to knock out the task!
It seems like this was such a breeze, and I have another one somewhere that needs to be finished. I guess I will go-a-huntin' for it tonight, and maybe knock it out this week. Technically this could never be called a UFO (Unfinished object) because the knitting was finished, but the sewing was another story.
I did some shopping with my daughter and daughter in law this weekend, and bought something I've been wanting for a while. I don't know why they were able to help me find this little guy, when I have been to store after store with not luck whatsoever.
I am so practical and the eyeglass case I've been using is much like the one at the top of the picture. Boring, utilitarian and bland. I'm so thankful for young women in my life that keep me young and help me see things I might not have noticed otherwise. We all agreed that while the new case isn't glam or showy, its pretty and classy. I love it!