Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Cardi-gone!


This has been a fun project making my first cardigan.  I have made baby sweaters but this has been so much more a challenge, and I feel better that I chose a pattern with no shaping.  The more basic the better.

I can tell you that it looked awfully small, when I was making it, and frankly its almost more of a bolero, but technically, we're gonna call it a cardigan, okay?  I am glad to have this project under my belt, so to speak, because my confidence has soared since completing it Saturday night.

I am ready to start some baby-shower projects, and I found the most adorable pattern on the internet this morning.  I pinned it on Pinterest so you can see it there.  It's a pair of baby booties that are made of what looks like gray wool.  How earthy!  How cool! So up my alley!

Last night I was all ready to sit down with my spinning wheel, some cotton roving and a documentary from Netflix about Eleanor Roosevelt.
Nearly a bobbin full of cotton
Too bad it had some scratches, so we switched to a chick-flick that my husband and father in law agreed to endure.  Emphasis on the word endure.  Guys don't get why we watch this stuff and I concede that most love stories are just that, movies about love.  The lead guy wore a very nice sweater that I liked, the girls wore nice clothes as well.  Bad people were bad and good people had no real flaws.  Romantic, unrealistic and schmaltzy. So there!

And here is my garden progress:  I've trimmed back some pampas/maiden/zebra grass and put some finishing touches on this bed.  Can't wait for spring!
future vegetable bed

haircut finished!
can I recycle this?