Lots going on for our family right now, but stress goes out the window when I can find some time to spin or knit. Or listen to a great podcast. I downloaded some new ones today and grabbed my iPod to sync them before I got in the car to run errands. Driving around dreaming of spinning made me forget about the yucky stuff trying to mess with my small brain.
To all of you who do knitting and spinning podcasts, "Thank YOU!" I mean it from the bottom of my heart. When ever you feel discouraged and wonder why you should do another episode, just remember this little high-five from me. I really appreciate all the effort, editing and tech stuff that must go into each and every episode. I'll say it once again, thank you.
In the last year both my husband and I left our jobs and at almost the same time, my father in law moved in with us. While I can't complain about much, I will admit that the general change these things have brought to our lives, and the ripple effect is gi-normous. Every single day has its challenges and victories. We are always better people when we overcome adversity and difficulty. Yahoo for growth. I don't ever want to stop growing, even if it takes a little effort.
I did some carding recently that is just lovely, if you ask me. The first batts are sort of peachy looking. I know orange is the new black so maybe I can spin, ply and knit something before the colors change.
The other batts are more purple-y. One has a touch of yellow with the purple, kind of mardi-gras-ish.
I added some glam to each one by incorporating angelina and kept the blending of colors to a minimum.
I know that the end result won't be as pretty as these examples, but everybody needs a little sparkle in their life, especially when things are tough!
I got my haircut this morning and I really like my hair-cut-lady. I don't color my hair or even have her wash, dry, style, etc. I just show her my little picture (I bring it every time for consistent cuts) and she goes to town trimming my locks. But she should be a certified counselor. Such a great listener and full of wisdom. God bless you Linda!!

