So yesterday we were expecting to babysit our little granddaughter for a couple of hours, and for me that meant straightening up. It meant putting out the mulch we bought the other day, in the front flower bed and mulching around the two builder-installed Bradford pear trees by the driveway. It meant sweeping, or better yet, shop-vacuuming the garage.
![]() |
| I like to vacuum because then I can't hear the voices. |
After months of winter with the garage door closed, a few inches of dust and fuzzy things had accumulated on the garage floor. With the garage door opened, it was obvious that I am blind. Blind as a bat! Good grief, I was embarrassed at what I found. Sorry folks, I know now what I disappointment I've been. My sincerest apologies. The garage floor is now somewhat cleaner than before. :-(
Anyway, baby girl came and went, and I had some more good memories to deposit in my mental bank. She now has discovered that when she makes her pterodactyl sound, and when we put a finger over her little lips, she can make all sorts of fun sounds. I laughed till tears ran from my eyes! She is a true joy to have around, and lights up the house when she's here.
KNITTING
Well, its that time. Time to start the the decreases for the toe of this little ripple sock. I'm flat out ready to start the next one. Not even kidding.
| Time to start the toe decreases |
The cuff has begun with the little Walnut sock #2. Love these bamboo needles and love the yarn. Again, not even kidding.
| Second Walnut sock started |
SPINNING
We're taking a trip to NC next weekend and I am SUPER excited that I'll be going to Earth Guild next Saturday. This is the store where I learned to love spinning wheels, and where I learned to knit socks, and where I nearly got hit by a bus. (Okay, the bus part is a bit of a stretch, but there was a runaway bus on the street, the last time we were there!) I plan to buy another bobbin for my spinning wheel, because I only have three, and that means I can't ply three strands into one unless I Navajo ply.
I also will probably some wool roving or possibly dye. Okay, probably dye. Okay, definitely I'm going to buy some dye.
