We had some light snow this week and in the south, it warrants a school closing so that kids have a chance to enjoy it outright during the day. Kids in the north (of the U.S.) have lots of opportunities to play in the snow, sometimes more than they care to have. But in the south, where I live, its pretty special and folks love to take advantage of even an inch or two, by making snowmen, snow balls and the occasional snow angel.
SPINNING
I took advantage of the snow this week to spin a great new wool blend I made on my Fricke Petite drum carder. Its about 30% angora and 60% lambs wool. Light and fluffy like the snow!
I also used my spinning wheel to wind a bobbin of this Gunmetal Blue angora/wool blend from my new spindle.
| My husband called this "Gunmetal Blue" |
KNITTING
I absolutely LOVE this throw! I love the colors, I love the size of the needle with the various yarns, and I love that its still really portable in this basket. Perfect for knitting in the bedroom or living room while watching a TV show.
| Makes me dream of the beach! |
SEWING
I registered for the free sewing machine attachment class on Craftsy today. Here is my first attempt at free hand machine embroidery.
| Free hand embroidery foot - learning curve! |
One of the best tips I've heard, is from a user who recommended a home made option for lowering the feed dogs on the machine: tape a business card over them. Wow. What a great idea. I can't lower my feed dogs and I don't own the attachment that covers them. Someone online said they don't like to use that attachment anyway, and that the business card trick works just as well, if not better.