Yesterday I finished my job and they brought some pastries and a bouquet of flowers for me. I spent some time doing the final training with my replacement and left to go meet some friends after work for a bite.
Done. And on to some other, very different things. But I will not, no matter what, stop my knitting. I have already packed the Stoney River socks and would like to take my spindle and some wool if they bag doesn't weigh too much.
I've got my Kindle ready, prepared some lessons for the children we'll be working with, and replaced the batteries in my camera.
I will try to take some good pictures and will try really hard to get at least one of me knitting in Guatemala. Wow, that would be so awesome! I've heard it's a beautiful place, and the lack of phones, computers and files sounds great. Down to earth experience with people who have no where near the affluence of the country I live in. I am looking forward to hearing some neat stories and getting to know how people function in their daily lives; with family, friends, church and community. I love the whole idea of different cultures; surely there's a lot for me to learn.