Saturday, April 10, 2010

Rich beyond measure

On a day like today, words fail to describe the feeling of complete blessedness I have. Two days in a row, now, I woke up to look at my bedside clock and smiled. It's been a very long time.
My entire morning has been spent in the yard, again. I love it! Flower beds neglected for two years will come back to life this summer. I trimmed the pampas grass, dug up old day lilies and peppermint gone wild, and trimmed (hacked with the electric shrub-killer) the forsythia bushes that have become larger than most small cars. Ok, not really, but they needed to be cut back.
It's almost time to go buy tomato plants and petunias; just a few more days!

Yesterday was equally fun for me, getting to work in the flower beds all afternoon and clipping my salad greens straight from the back yard.
My husband smoked some tuna steaks, a whole chicken and a pork loin for the coming week. I had one of the tuna steaks with my salad. We ate while watching the fourth installment of The Pacific. Episode three was way, way more racy than I bargained for, and I was relieved that last night was better. (We don't normally have HBO but subscribed so we could watch this series. Now I remember why we don't have it all the time!)

I worked on the Deep Purple sweater while watching TV, and finally finishing the Leroy Brown socks. I am very pleased, in spite of all my mistakes. I am Smitten with Knittin!

Now, I want to show you a picture that will blow you away. Here it is.....
I know what you're thinking. The same thing I thought when I saw it. NO WAY! That CANNOT be the Whirling Butterfly plant from last year! Nuh uh. But there it is. I spent a lot on those plants and fully expected to have to buy them this year as well. But the Lord has blessed me once again. I am so rich, I never had to even open up a seed catalog. These aren't supposed to come back but they did. So now I have my favorite plant of all time, again, for free!