I've almost completed the back of my pretty purple sweater. On the drive yesterday and into the evening, I knitted away with my terrific Addi turbos. Greased lightning, kind of.The armhole decreases are straightforward and easy. The joins should go pretty well.
I need to bind off for the shoulders and neckline and then I can start the front.
I'm convinced that no matter where you go, there will be a Judas Iscariot in the mix. No kidding. It never fails that there's always someone who will bring up the negative side of every single thing that is said. SNL calls it Debbie Downer. Whatever you reference you choose, it's inevitable that you will have to deal with this person; someone who outwardly doesn't break the rules or cause physical harm but who will always and forever leave everyone in the group in a bad mood.For the longest I couldn't understand why the Lord didn't fix this glitch. But now I think I know why they're there. Just like Judas, who WAS one of the disciples, they serve a purpose. Trying to get rid of them, or tell them 'exactly what you think of them' does no good. It's better just to accept their presence and try to make the best of things.
My daughter has told me of someone like this that drives her crazy. I can think of ten different "Judases" who I've known. At least! Yet their demise will come. But know this: resistance is useful if channeled in the right direction. Let it have it's work in your situation. Let the resistance be your chance to improve, learn and be a better person. The Lord will take care of that Judas, in due time. It's probably not your job to bring them down.
When I arrived yesterday, at my little retreat destination, I immediately went outside to walk around and listen to the wind in the trees. There was a definite tapping that I realized later was a woodpecker. I never could see where he was, but I heard him. In fact, when we woke up this morning, (the windows were open) I heard him again. Lots of other birds were chirping and singing, but the woodpecker was still at it. I figured once again, this little guy serves a purpose, whether I know what it is or not.