Spinning group is always a treat, especially when you get to not only see your friends, but get inspired about what projects they're working on. I love to be challenged to try new things. I'm ever impressed with the skills of my friends and here's the proof. Look at these babies!
This sweater was commissioned by a gentleman who showed up at our meeting one day with a fleece. He asked if it could be spun and knitted into a sweater.
And to make us all tremble at being in the presence of a star, here is the fleece from Florence, featured in this month's Spin Off Magazine! Susie bought the fleece, combed some for a sample and spun a little bit. You can't see it very well but there is the proof in the April issue. (not a centerfold but a very distinguished looking lady.
While in NC, I took some photos of something else that elicits respect. A large blanket knit by my husband's grandmother. Orange was very 'in' in those days so just admire the skill and beauty wrought by this little lady's hands.
Last night my husband and I went to the funeral home to see our friends, Ron & Cathy. Ron lost his mother this week, unexpectedly. I have another friend who lost his dad this week. And yet another friend whose daughter lost a baby days before her husband lost his job. Some things happen when you are not at all prepared for them. Somethings happen after you've been waiting for years to see them come about. Both require a life well lived; focused and ready. Whatever the case, we should celebrate the day we have, doing the things we love and blessing those around us in the meantime.