
I've had some great conversations with my friend
Nancy lately. She had lost a journal a few years ago and thought it was gone forever. Last week, while unpacking from a recent move, she stumbled across the journal. A great reward for a task that no one wants to undertake!

I started blogging in 2004 and my site was hacked last summer. I had thoroughly decided it was gone and yesterday asked my husband to give up the domain name and cancel the account. In the process, my son was able to retrieve all my posts and save them remotely. Will wonders never cease?

Another wonder-ful thing happened recently. While sitting in church week before last, a mourning dove swooped all over the sanctuary, lighting here and there, almost trying to get us to look at him or at least look up. I couldn't help but think about how the day Jesus was baptized, that the Holy Spirit descended like a dove. Will wonders never cease?
And last night, Duke barely eked out a victory over Butler in the NCAA men's championship game. But Butler nearly won, with a coach who'd been at it for 3 years against a coach who'd been at it 30. Will wonders never cease?

And during the game, I knitted as much as I possibly could while looking over the top of my glasses. The heel is very close to being finished, but I simply had to put it down in the last 5 minutes or so. Too close!
On Easter Sunday my 23 year old son proposed to his girlfriend as we were about to eat lunch. She tearfully accepted and everybody clapped and cheered. What a cool thing he did - in front of everybody!! My precious son and his fiance! What a delight to my heart.


This morning my husband had to get some blood work done. He's had quite a scare, with his blood pressure rising so high he nearly died. With diligence in eating right and exercising and taking some medication, it's back to normal and we hope it will stay that way. These are the things that make you realize what really matters in life.
We can go through life trying to please the unpleasable, working for an imaginary pat on the back, or we can do what we know matters. In my book, that means love God and love people. Period. Not stuff, not admiration or respect. Just God and people. The Bible backs me up on this point, too. Love the Lord your God with all your heart, soul, mind and strength. And love your neighbor as yourself. The two greatest commands.