Every time we take a trip, I look forward to two things. (Not eating out or sightseeing!) I love deciding which book(s) I'll be taking to read and I love picking, sometimes by default, what I'll be knitting. Since I'm clearly on a roll with the deep purple sweater, I will definitely take it with me.I have switched to my Addi turbos though, just for convenience sake.
Traditional straight needles start to get in the way when the sweater gets bulky. This makes it much faster and hopefully I'll be in the armhole decreases soon, which will really make me glad I switched.As for my book, I haven't decided yet. I do have a paperback I borrowed from a friend. It's written by a mutual friend and is her 'true' story. Not really a biography, but a book about some pretty stressful events in her past.
I think everyone should write a book. Most people have at least one really interesting story to tell, and we usually never hear about it. Her's is a sad story, at least so far, and all too familiar, I'm afraid. Abuse in the church, which is a really hot topic these days.
So, I'll probably take this book, and get a new Kindle book. My latest audio book is Folly by Laurie King. I've always wanted to read it and I started it last week on my iPod while working in the yard. Laurie is a famous writer and I have one of her Mary Russell books in paperback. Folly is a real departure from the rest, IMHO. So far I really like the main character, who although a bit odd is funny and real.
I'll also be taking the new Spin Off. It has a great little one page article on wheel maintenance. Plus some goodies that keep me inspired.